Monday, December 30, 2013

Nibble Boxes: Graze Box #2

Received my second Graze box in the mail the other day. Been way too busy to even dive into it so I'm excited to snack on the goodies. As with the lost box, I got a small packet with notes about what the company does for charity and it included a few "friend invites". So if anyone is interested in joining, let me know as I've got a few to give out.


A very good variety this box. My first "flapjacks" from them, I am intrigued to see what the consistency is (looks like a soft granola bar). The last "dip & dippers" I got from Graze was not that great yet it was due to me not liking the sauce itself. This one I'm very excited to try and predict I'll love this one. Then rounding out the order are 2 "healthy treats" which are mainly fruit based.


My Thai (sweet chili sauce with baked soy bites)
Ok, this was amazing! The sauce is very viscous so the soy bites get covered in it when you dip them. The dip was very, very good! It was a normal sweet chili sauce so there wasn't a big surprise to me. Had the touch of sweet taste with the slight burn aftertaste. The dippers themselves go very well with this as they aren't too powerful of a taste to distract you from the dip. I can see myself eating those dippers plain as a normal snack. The only problem I had was that half of the dippers broke apart in shipping, so I had small bits left over that were difficult to get the dip. After eating all the pieces I could easily dip, I just tipped the leftover dipper crumbs into the remaining dip and ate it with a spoon. It would be awesome to get a box comprised of 4 of these, they were THAT tasty!

Scrumptious Blueberry Swirl (blueberry yogurt raisins, raspberry infused cranberries, and blackcurrants)
An interesting mix and it is indeed scrumptious! The blueberry yogurt raisins have a nice blueberry flavor, yet they're not strong in raisin taste or texture. I actually had to bite one in half to see if it actually had raisins as all I tasted were the blueberry and vanilla yogurt. Which isn't a bad thing, just something I found interesting. The "raspberry infused cranberries" are great yet I am a bit confused as to where the raspberry is since the ingredient list says "elderberry juice concentrate" with no mention of raspberry. Guess people wouldn't be excited to try it if was called "elderberry infused cranberries," huh? Still tastes great even if it wasn't really raspberry infused. Only problem I had with this mix is the blackcurrants were a bit bitter compared to the other 2 items. If you eat a handful, you KNOW when you're chomping on a blackcurrant. Not that it's really a bad thing, I just don't feel it really meshes well with the mix. It could also be my batch had a strong dose of the lemon juice concentrate they were soaked in. 


Fruit & Seed Flapjack (rustic rolled oat flapjack with mixed seeds and dried fruits)
This was nice and soft, a bit springy to the touch. It definitely leaves you with a satisfied feeling, likely due to the oats. It had a big buttery flavor yet looking at the ingredients it's margarine instead. Guessing margarine was used instead of butter to make it vegan. I honestly felt the butter taste was a bit too strong for my liking, but I do have peculiar tastes so I don't think anyone else would notice. The mixed fruit and seed content was nice and eclectic, comprised of apricots, dates, currants, raisins, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. I'm excited to get some of the other flapjacks, especially since I considered this to be most "simple" of the flavors. 

Eleanor's Apple Crumble (apple, raisins, cinnamon honey almonds)
I'm surprised by how great this! I was expecting a normal mix, something I've had hundreds of times yet this one actually surprised me. The raisins aren't the normal raisins everyone is used to, I'm guessing these are golden raisins as they are plumper and more moist than normal dark raisins. I was expecting the apple pieces to be like the chips, where they are hard and crispy. Nope, these are soft and moist so they work well with the raisins. The cinnamon honey almonds aren't anything new but the cinnamon is powerful here. Usually when you get these types of almonds the shell is more honey tasting than cinnamon, yet these are a good mix. This mix is pretty much the perfect thing for me to eat before drinking the Trader Joe's Vanilla & Cinnamon Black Tea that's waiting to be drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment