Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review - Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups


I had heard about the Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups a month or two ago but forgot all about them. Until today when I finally found them, that is. I was surprised to see them at the Circle K by work. I greedily grabbed 2 packs, wanting to eat them right away in the morning but knowing I should wait. Will power at it's finest!

Once I finally had the chance to gobble them up, it was perfect. First, to describe the look. They are obviously intended to mirror Reese's Peanut Butter Cups:


  • two to a pack
  • surrounded in small cardboard to protect the cups
  • the cups themselves are bite-size
  • they have ridges
  • same look and feel
Yet there are a few differences:
  • square cups instead of circular
  • no pesky paper wrapper that usually removes a chunk of the bottom layer of chocolate
  • one downside is that they aren't as thick as Reese's Cups
 

Biting into them, they are delicious! The center is softer with the grit, yet you do have a slight crunch from time to time. It's unlike biting into a Butterfinger Bar which is all crunch, these have just a tiny crunch amid the smooth peanut butter center. I am surprised that the color of the center matches that of the Butterfinger Bar. Looking at the ingredients, I guess it's the annatto paprika extract color since there aren't any food colors used. It also obviously tasted like a Butterfinger Bar!

I hope these stay around, wouldn't mind seeing them become as popular as Reese's Cups. Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment