Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Nibble Boxes: Graze Box #3


Received my 3rd Graze box on Friday yet I was sick over the weekend and couldn't enjoy it. Now that I'm feeling slightly better, it's time to dig in!



Boston Baguettes with a BBQ Relish
So far I'm 1-1 with these dippers. First thing I notice when I open up the pack is that the "baguettes" have some sort of dry rub on them. My automatic thought was that the BBQ Relish had spilled over but that's definitely not what happened. I had to look at the website to find out they're actually tomato baguettes. The dip is very tasty, it's a sweet BBQ that has chunks in it. Yet the chunks aren't great as I ended up not having enough dip for my dippers because big chunks kept attaching to the dippers! Which wasn't too bad of a thing as the dippers themselves are tasty with the tomato seasoning on it.



Scandinavian Forest (lingonberries, blueberries, cherry raisins, apple)
First thing that I notice is that there are 4 ingredients in this one whereas usually there are up to 3. Awesome! I'm also surprised that all of the fruit is still moist, I was expecting dried fruit only. Yet everything is nice and plump. Even the tiny ligonberries, which is great since I'm honestly not sure if I've tried them before or not. In this small a quantity it's hard to really gauge what they'd taste like in a normal meal. I know they're a Scandinavian staple for cuisine (especially jam, it seems) which explains the name. This is a very delicious fruit combination that actually is good eaten mixed versus individual sampling. Oddly enough, when eating them this way, the ligonberries really shine through and you can really taste them!

Jalapeno Fiesta (jalapeno peanuts, salsa almonds, roasted seeds)
This smells delicious! Reminds me of what a typical Mexican bar mix would be like. The spices on the nuts are not too strong so you can't enjoy the taste of the nuts while enjoying the flavors, which is great. The roasted seeds are a mixture of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. As with other similar snacks they become coated in the spices of both the salsa and jalapeno.



Honeycomb Crunch (milk chocolate honeycomb, almonds, raisin)
I have no clue how almonds and raisins relate to honeycomb. Not complaining, just find the combo a bit strange. The milk chocolate honeycomb, as expected, was amazing. They're basically a bite sized version of Esther Price and I only wish there was more of it. Mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment